Four O'clock Cocktail
Used with permission from David Wolowidnyk at
Alterations should be made to fit with your dietary needs. Please
consult with your medical team before you attempt to make this recipe.
Four O'clock Cocktail Season: Autumn
1 oz Makers Mark Bourbon
1 oz Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge
1 small sugar cube
1/2 oz Water
3 dashes Fee Brothers Whisky Barrel Aged Bitters (or Agnostura with one clove)
1/2 oz Fresh lemon juice
Navan (Vanilla Cognac), Orange blossom, lemon foam.
5 oz Navan (Vanilla Cognac made by Grand Marnier)
5 oz Fresh squeezed orange juice
4 oz Fresh squeezed lemon juice
10oz Simple syrup
2 tsp. Orange Blossom water
5 1/2 Sheets gelatin
- Glassware: Martini Glass (chilled)
- Place small sugar cube in a mixing glass, add 3 dashes of Bitters, and 1/2 oz water, and dissolve
- Add in the 1oz Makers Mark, 1oz Grand Marnier, and 1/2 oz lemon juice
- Add ice to sleeve and stir until well chilled
- Strain into a chilled martini glass
- Top with the Vanilla citrus foam
- Place all of the liquid ingredients into a bowl
- ‘Bloom’ the 5 1/2 sheets of gelatin in cold water to soften
- Warm 4oz of the juices etc. and dissolve the bloomed gelatin into the mixture
- Place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours until it becomes ‘loosely’ gelatinous
- Spoon the gelatin mixture into a whipped cream dispenser and charge with two charges of nitrous oxide
- Chill the dispenser for one more hour, shake well and dispense
- Note: The foam should keep it’s consistency as long as the drink is very cold, and once either the drink warms up or the surrounding air warms the foam it should ‘fall’ into a liquid form, adding another dimension to the cocktail. On a warm day use another half sheet of gelatin for a stiffer consistency.
Taste Profile: A slightly sweet yet tart candy like entrance through the vanilla orange blossom foam leading to a savory bourbon experience with a touch of clove and cinnamon with a hint of bitter spiciness on the finish.
To download all of the recipes to your iPod, please visit the Recipe iPod page.